Thursday, September 18, 2008

Farewell note

This is my apartment...

There's a guy who stands in our hallway, smoking weed, and it blows into our apartment. Some people sit on our stoop for 8 hours a day, and they get annoyed when they have to get up to let me by.

This is my apartment...

There's significant water damage. The ceiling in the bathroom has partially collapsed. I showed it to the super, and he didn't care. I called the management office, and they didn't care. Now there's new water damage in the hallway. It might be related to the mysterious brown water that occasionally leaks from the hole where our smoke detector is supposed to be. We've never had a smoke detector here.

This is my apartment...

People drop soiled food containers into the alley. Our window is right above the resulting midden heap. Fruit flies land on me while I watch television.

This is my apartment...

Mice no longer fear humans here. They fight each other in the middle of the floor. They're either settling their territory disputes, or they're trying to decide which one gets to lick our mouths while we sleep. Flicking the lights on and off doesn't make them stop.

This is my apartment...

for one more GODDAMN DAY

No comments: